Many sales representatives, managers and supervisors complain that you can not create a steady income stream commissions month after month. Instead of a straight line that consistently increases over time as an arrow pointing up, they are looking repeatedly sales results as a hockey stick. Few commissions for two months, a sharp increase over a month or two, and then down again a month later.
So what can you do to keep your sales funnel prospects to ensure a consistent and reliable revenue stream for all year?
Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, lack of steady income (the "Hockey Stick Syndrome") is caused by the lack of evidence of prospecting. Regular lack of prospects inevitably leads to irregular income, commissions and inconsistent. It's that simple.
This is especially true when we do well. It is very easy to forget when we are prospecting wrapped hot business, requiring long and multiple meetings, calls consultations, demonstrations. We felt a peace that failure to follow prospecting becomes for some in a desperate search for customers or prospects to offer their products or services.
But this is precisely the time when more have to prospect, to ensure the steady flow of sales remain consistent over time.
The survey can be a difficult task for many people is daunting. The simple fact is that not all sales reps want to.
I still have not found a top professional sales for prospecting has not played a major role in its success.
And let's face it, the prospects do not fall from heaven. After all, although you master all technical questions, closing and negotiation, if you have a prospect or customer ahead of you can hardly apply this knowledge and skills.
So if you stop the pace of exploration to the end of daily list may prophecy is fulfilled hockey stick.
Here are 12 tips to help you ensure that your sales funnel is full of potential customers:
1. Sell more products to existing customers. This may include the sale of additional quantities of the same product, selling complement to the services or products of its existing portfolio, or the introduction to your existing customers to a new product that may be interested.
For starters, be in touch with current customers through a combination of direct (telephone calls) and indirect (email, direct mail) once every six weeks, with the aim of selling other products or repeat orders.
Just do not go overboard, do not call too close together or you can cross the magic line between persistence and stalking.
2. Set a goal for number of networking events you attend each month, and the number of new people who would like to contact. Collect as many business cards of people who may be future customers.
3. Reward yourself for closing new business. Enjoy a short weekend trip, or dine out at a theme restaurant. Remember: what is rewarded is repeated.
4. Take a look at their lists database. Set an email marketing campaign aimed at familiarizing potential new customers to your business or products. then follow up by phone.
5. Ask your current clients for other contacts and they know you can not come so easily. The key is to be as specific as possible. For example, not only adopting a generic approach, do you know anyone that?.
Instead, make a list of all the businesses and people who want to know, approach existing customers who may have contact with new prospects, and then just ask: Mr. Customer have been trying to get the vice president of marketing for ABC SA an interview and I could not get it yet, could you introduce?
If this is one of its trading partners or associates it is likely that your client know the person you want to know, and probably will be more than happy to make the introduction.
6. Go for a walk around his territory, and take a look at who is in the neighborhood. Then try to do some cold calling. The change in perspective can be refreshing, and you never know when you will find bargains in which you had not thought of.
7. Make a habit of lunch, coffee or breakfast with at least one new person every week. Share ideas, and give all the clues that can help them first.
8. Write relevant articles online or print publications that your potential customers can read. It's not that hard to be published as one might think, and once it has been published once, it becomes easier. Just be sure to keep all rights to their articles by not being paid to write.
Then, once they have been published, send an email or postcard to your prospects and customers inviting them to read it. Also, try to submit your articles to the larger publications (trust me) do not bite, and if your article is accepted, it will improve your credibility and visibility to the public.
9. Volunteer to speak at trade shows and conferences. As a general rule, you should talk to each trade show and conference. Expose issues with attractive prospects to ask for more information or proposals on the subject. Invite prospects to your conference for free, and set specific times to meet people. In this way, you will receive a steady flow of traffic.
10. Be excellent at what he does. Word travels fast, so do everything possible to ensure that all the talk about you are positive.
11. If possible, join professional associations or organizations of your customers and prospects to which they belong. Not only do these partnerships will keep up to date on what is happening in the industry, also it provides a great opportunity to meet key people and meet their needs. To build a successful network, be sure to attend meetings as often as possible, not just once or twice a year.
12. Finally, a cost-effective way to keep your name in front of potential customers, try sending emails to prospects, with relevant topics. Send this correspondence once every six weeks
Of course, this is not a complete list of all possible ways to build your network and find new prospects. But there are some time-honored that I have been given result ideas.
And remember, you do not need to implement all these ideas at once to become a successful prospector. In fact, it could be unproductive. At the same time, you should practice at least four of these twelve techniques, and make sure you choose the four, the will practice with their customers.
The key is to make the survey a regular habit. By allocating a fixed amount of time every day, every week, to meet new people, in the long run, your sales funnel will be more complete and "hockey stick" income will be a thing of the past.